Teenage boys...they're so difficult to buy gifts for. Many times, we'll end up getting a gift card because they're so finicky!
I did the research for you and rounded up 25 of the best gifts for any teenage boy sports fanatic. Find a variety of gifts at all price points (but all gifts are under $100). Each one of these picks was approved by my very own 14-year old Teenager! And the best part...there are no video games in this gift guide!
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Parent Remix is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com. Thank you for your support!
Stocking Stuffers ($10 and under)
1. Keep their ID's where they won't lose it: around their neck! Oakley Printed Lanyard: $10 on Oakley.com.
2. My son gave his seal of approval for this Fidget Spinner. Anything to keep them off their electronics! Chicago Cubs Logo Three-Way Fidget Spinner; $6.99 on MLBshop.com.
3. Although it seems as though they're on their computers or phones 24/7, they still occasionally need pencils and pens to write stuff down. Keep their writing implements on hand and organized with this Oregon Ducks Fabric Pencil Pouch: $4.99 on Shop.GoDucks.com.
4. These lightweight drawstring backpacks are perfect for bringing a few essentials on outings with friends. Roomy enough to fit their wallet, some snacks, sunglasses, and their phone. They're boys....they really don't have much else! Choose from their favorite NFL team: New York Giants Big Logo Drawstring Backpack; $9.99 on NFLshop.com.
1. Know a teen boy with Beats? Your basketball fan or player can personalize their Beats with this basketball skin (this is for the decal only, not for the actual headphones): WraptorSkinz Basketball Decal Style Skin for Genuine Beats Solo HD Headphones; $23.34 on Amazon.com.
2. If you're around any teen boy who plays sports, you'll know that stylish socks are a must. My son says these socks by Stance are "swag": City Gym Warriors; $18 on Stance.com.
3. They get really hungry after school. Put their snacks (a.k.a. "second lunch") in this sporty lunch tote from Nike: Jordan All World Lunch Tote Bag; $24.97 on Store.Nike.com.
4. For the pickup game after the real game (and after it gets dark at the park), they can kick around with this glow-in-the-dark soccer ball: Tangle NightBall Glow in the Dark Light Up LED Soccer Ball-Large; $19.99 on Amazon.com.
5. OK, this may not be a "sporty" gift, but I thought it was a cool "teen boy" gift, especially because the Angry Birds velcro wallet my son has isn't cutting it. This one is stylish and compact: Herschel Raven Wallet; $24.99 at Herschel.com.
6. This will win our Gift Guide's Award for the most practical teen gift. No more frustrating calls to your son that go directly to voice mail because his phone is dead: Jackery Mini 3350mAh Portable Charger-External Battery Pack, Premium Aluminum Power Bank, Portable iPhone Charger for iPhone 7, 6s, Galaxy S7, Galaxy S6; $12.99 on Amazon.com.
8. My son and his friends live in slides. They wear them to school, to the movies with friends, and they change into them after their games. Reviewers love this slide and say it's super comfortable: Nike Benassi Mens Slide; $25 on Store.Nike.com.
9. A glow-in-the dark football is a no-brainer. Keep them off their phones and active at the park after the sun goes down: Tangle NightBall Glow in the Dark Light Up LED Football-Large; $19.99 on Amazon.com.
1. This is one of the coolest gifts I've purchased for my son's friends. Choose from any NFL Team and customize the t-shirt with your favorite player's name: Men's Denver Broncos NFL Pro Line Navy Personalized Name & Number Logo T-Shirt; $37.99 at NFLshop.com.
2. My kids love this indoor mini hoop and ball (fits over the door) but beware...you may be hearing the sound of the ball bouncing on the floor. Continuously. But it's almost guaranteed to be a favorite; it's got 3,820 reviews on Amazon with 4.5 stars: SKLZ Pro Mini Basketball Hoop W/ Ball. 18”x12” Shatterproof Backboard; $19.99 on Amazon.com. Note: This is listed in the "Under $50" category because it was priced at $25.99 forever, until the price went down by $5 at the time of this post.
3. Stylish yet sporty: a NBA x Nike ringer tee emblazoned with your basketball fan's favorite team: Men's Oklahoma City Thunder Nike Navy Basketball Fan T-Shirt; $44.99 on Store.nba.com.
4. They're thirsty. They're rushing to class, playing basketball at lunch, and then carted off to sports practices. Keep them hydrated with a customized Hydro Flask in their favorite colors. The one shown below is a 20 oz. wide mouth Hydroflask in mint with a kiwi boot and lemon strap; $42 on Myhydro.hydroflask.com.
5. My son's teammates bring a portable speaker on their school bus. It pumps them up before their games! And now, they can take it with them to the pool and beach! Gift him with this small, portable, waterproof speaker that reviewers say is "loud for it's size". It's garnered awesome reviews: 4.5 stars over 683 ratings on Amazon: JBL Clip 2 Waterproof Portable Bluetooth Speaker (Black); $49.95 on Amazon.com.
6. For your teen waterman, get him this cool lookin' wetsuit dry bag. Now he won't need to roll up his wetsuit in his towel and get your car wet: Quiksilver Sea Stash 35L Large Sealable Wetsuit Dry Bag; $45 on Quiksilver.com.
7. For your baseball fan, jazz up his desk area and get him this cool keyboard for those times he isn't on his laptop: San Francisco Giants Wood Print Wireless USB Keyboard; $49.99 on MLBshop.com.
8. Most of them have a laptop AND a desktop (sigh). Give him this MLB x Herschel laptop sleeve to protect his laptop: Anchor Sleeve; $39.99 at Herschel.com.
$100 and Under
1. They are rough on their stuff. But we'll cut them some slack because they carry a ton of books in their backpacks! Give them this super cool looking, quality backpack that can withstand the wear and tear of a teen boy (my son has an Oakley backpack and it's very high quality): Oakley Holbrook 20L LX Coated Backpack; $95.00 at Oakley.com.
2. Converse is one of those iconic brands that never go out of style. These Converse x Nike NBA shoes are super cool, he'll love you for it: Converse Chuck SE Houston Rockets Franchise High Top; $90 on Nike.com.
3. When their friends come over, they need somewhere to sit. This comfy bean bag is a sporty addition to. any teenage boys' room: Green Bay Packers Bean Bag Chair; $64.99 on NFLshop.com.
If you liked this gift guide, check out my Gift Guide for the 25 Best Planners and Accessories for that person in your life that is getting (or staying) organized in 2018! Check it out here.
Thanks! Pin it to your Boards or share it if you found it helpful!